We are at a very important time in the history of our world and it is a time where the Church is, quite frankly, largely blind to what is happening. To be fair, Daniel 12:4 & 9 says the true identity of the kingdom of the coming Antichrist will only be discovered at the appointed time but this time is now and it is our responsibility as the Church to recognize it… and many are. We can’t drop the ball on this one. If we do, it will result in unnecessary spiritual injury and suffering for many people, Christians and otherwise. So, what I’d like to do is get real simple and pull back a bit from all the little details of prophecy to the larger picture and start at the roots by asking some questions to make you think about what it is you’re thinking about and, hopefully, uncover some truth about this exciting time.
Questions for you to consider:
1. Can you find the origin in the Book of Genesis of the conflict between Israel and the surrounding Middle Eastern nations that rages on to this day? (Hint: it’s in the chapter between 15 & 17)
2. Which religious ideology best fits the following verses today?
“They will make you outcasts from the synagogue, but an hour is coming for everyone who kills you to think that he is offering service to God. “These things they will do because they have not known the Father or Me. [John 16:2-3 NASB]
a. Roman Catholicism
3. If the Pope is the Antichrist/False Prophet, why is there an Islamic Mosque and not a Catholic Church on the Temple Mount?
4. The Bible says there will be no less than 8 biblical world kingdoms that will rule throughout history. Can you name them? [Revelation 17:9-11]
5. What area of the world did the first 6 biblical world kingdoms rule? What should we conclude from this about the last 2 kingdoms?
6. What area of the world has all of the action in the Bible always taken place?
7. If the Antichrist will seize control of the 7th biblical world kingdom but Rome was the 6th, can Rome (or America) be the revived kingdom? [Dan 7:8, 7:24; Revelation 17:9-11]
8. The biblical pattern for each of the world kingdoms is that they all occupied the area of the Middle East and directly ruled over the Jewish people/Israel. Using this pattern, can you identify the kingdom that overtook Rome? If you identify this 7th kingdom you’ll know the 8th. [Revelation 17:9-11]
9. Besides the controversy over Magog, can you name any nation from the pages of prophetic Scripture that Christ does battle with upon His return that is not located in the Middle East?
If you take the time to research these things you will be rewarded and your feet will be firmly planted on the right path to identifying the ethnicity of the Antichrist and the area of the world from which he emerges.
For more details and questions: The identity of the Antichrist’s kingdom: Arrive at the conclusion Scripture is leading us to